Tuesday 4 January 2011

R.I.P. Pete Postlethwaite


A great actor has left us.

The first role of his that comes to mind is the one for which he received an Oscar nomination, that of Daniel Day-Lewis' father in the brilliant In the Name of the Father. I'm going to revisit that film as soon as possible.

And without having to check his bio, I can recall his awesome presence in a lot of other great films, including, Alien 3, the second Jurassic Park, The Usual Suspects, and most recently in The Town, Solomon Kane, Clash of the Titans, and Inception.

Seeing tributes to him in the news, I don't know why I'm so surprised to discover that he had recently portrayed King Lear on stage. I bet he was incredible in the role.

He was more than just a great character actor. And he will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment